I have extensive experience copyediting scientific and academic texts, as well as trade lifestyle nonfiction, and creative writing from people at all levels.
But as a writer, I also know what it is like on the other side of the desk. I believe in preserving the writer’s voice and intentions and strengthening creative work through a collaborative editing process. I have proofread, copyedited, and helped develop memoirs, novels, essays, and poetry.
“Working with Ellen on my [narrative nonfiction book] query and proposal was the difference between three offers of representation and none.”
Things I Have Edited
- Articles for Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences
- Journal of Atmospheric Sciences
- personal statements for graduate school/scholarship applications
- resumes and cover letters
- craft books
- book chapters
- narrative nonfiction
- poetry (individual poems as well as chapbook or book manuscripts)
- references in APA, MLA, Chicago, ASA, CSE, and AMA
Thanks very much! I feel really lucky to have had you as copyeditor on this project. You helped immensely. [Scientist Author] needed to know we had a knowledgeable and effective copyeditor on this project, and you have definitely shown him that.”
Contact me to learn more.
Rates are based on the Editorial Freelancer’s Association’s Table of Common Rates.
Each project is different. For an exact quote, please get in touch!
I am happy to do a complimentary short sample edit.