As a writing coach, I will work with you to set and accomplish your writing goals.
We will break down a large project into smaller steps, and develop a series of techniques to carry you through the entire process.
My approach is practical and highly personalized. Together we will work to overcome common writing problems such as: anxiety, writer’s block, time management, burn out, procrastination, and other irritating barriers that can keep a writer from finishing a project.
I am dedicated to helping you determine the voice, schedule, style, and scope of writing that works for you.
Contact me to learn more.
Check out my testimonials!
What can a writing coach help you do?
- Define and refine writing goals
- Develop a sustainable writing practice
- Hone all aspects of craft
- Determine the audience and venue for your writing
- Recognize your strengths and address your weaknesses
- Overcome writing issues such as anxiety and paralysis
- Persist through long or large-scale writing projects
- Feel less alone through the writing process
“Not only is Ellen knowledgeable about writing, her encouragement, advice, and sense of humor make her a joy to work with.”
Rates are based on the Editorial Freelancer’s Association’s Table of Common Rates:
Each project is different. For an exact quote, please get in touch!
Weekly Individual Coaching: 1 hour phone call/video conference + an email with writing, revision, and scheduling tips specific to your project and needs, $150/week
Weekly Writing Feedback: Feedback on 25 pages + 1 hour phone call/video conference, $175/week
Group Coaching: Interested in having a workshop tailored to your writing group? My rates begin at $75/hour.
(Photo by Michael Gerhard Martin.)